Wednesday, March 31, 2010

April updates


My poem "Independence Day 1976" appears in the new edition of the annual poetry collection THE LINEUP , now available. A podcast will follow April 18. The collection also features the work of many real poets, including James W. Hall, Reed Farrel Coleman, James Sallis and others. My piece was written shortly after the death of Jim Carroll, and is dedicated to him.

+ I've had to cancel/reschedule some upcoming events, so I will not be appearing at the April 13 Mystery Writers of America "Crime Scene" panel at the New York Public Library. However, my place will be ably taken by Dennis Tafoya, the Philly-based crime novelist and author of DOPE THIEF and the upcoming THE WOLVES OF FAIRMOUNT PARK.

My appearance at the Brielle Public Library has been rescheduled for Monday, May 10 at 7 p.m.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Wally,
I came across "Gone 'til November" in my local library here in Bainbridge Island, WA, had a "could it be?" moment, and, when I saw it really was you, took it home and devoured it. It's a wonderful piece of work. I gave up on crime fiction after John D. MacDonald died but GTN is the first book since then that I could not put down. I cant wait to read the other two, although those I'll buy. I hope this finds you well. I teach guitar and voice and lead songwriting workshops here in Seattle. In June I'll have two years sober. Look for me on Facebook, where I'm putting up a video a day for each of my original songs. I'm calling it "40 songs in 40 days." best wishes, peter spencer pspencer at peterspencer dot com.